Friday, January 24, 2014

This is how I work it!

In late 2012 I was asked to complete an animation test before being hired at Disney Interactive for their most ambitious title to date, Disney Infinity. The test was a character walk cycle and a fall in under 2 1/2 days. 


The first night I spent walking up and down the hall trying to find a character that felt unique and appealing. A cautious old man getting hit by a railroad cart emerged as the unlikely winner. To highlight a number of technical challenges I gave him a lantern, side gate, and old man shakes.

How do you get reference for that?! My wife filmed me being repeatedly pummeled by a cart that Hobby Lobby hesitantly let me borrow. Those last few barrel rolls were rough :(

Oh, and that night I got the flu!!!



Here were the results from the test, it came back positive! I landed the job and got to work with some amazing animators and exciting characters. More on Disney Infinity to come soon.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: Support@templateism.com

Our Team Memebers